Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Good Sense Of Direction

Ace has a very good sense of direction.. unlike me ;)

The other day, while I was sitting around with nothing to do, Ace brought me his shoes and so I put them on for him.

After a while, he brought me MY shoes (so strange, my Crocs look exactly like Daddy's, only mine is smaller and he NEVER fails to bring the RIGHT shoes to me).

That is his signal for "Let's go downstairs!"

And since I had nothing better to do, I decided to bring him out.

But the moment I walked out of the door, he started crying and wanted me to carry him. I had to use the "you better catch up or you would be left behind strategy" and just continued to let him cry while I walked like 2 steps in front of him and encouraged him to go down the staircase.

And he kept crying and crying from the 7the storey all the way to the 5th. I think my neighbours must have thought I was torturing him or something.

When we reached the lift landing. He paused for a while in the lift because there was a stranger inside but once she was gone. He started bawling again and I had to walk 10 steps in front or he would hold on to my leg like a koala bear and cry and cry. Or if he managed to hold on to my hands, his legs would come up and he would look like he was climbing a tree.

I was finally saved when two sparrows walked past.

"Look, Ace... bird!"

"Bird! Bird! Bird!" Ace exclaimed and ran towards the sparrows to stare at them.

After they were gone though, he started crying again.

"Ace, you choose. If I carry you, we go home. If you walk on your own, we go to the playground."

He chose to cry.

At last resort, I just walked towards the playground. He cried and cried and followed unwillingly.

Then I pointed to the end of the walkway and told him, "See that road? We reach that end of the walkway and I will carry you across the road."

The clever boy cried and walked and purposely strayed towards the ROADSIDE that was FULL OF VEHICLES. So I had no choice but to carry him. Once we were near our destination, I put him down and he started to cry... but before he could cry, he saw a cat. Phew...

"Cat, cat.." Ace said and ran after it.

We finally reached the playground.

But after about 5 minutes there, Ace held his penis (I did not let him wear his diapers that day as training) and told me, "Shhhh...."

So I decided that it was better to carry him home quickly.

But just when we reached the void deck of our flats, Ace decided to explore furthur and he kept walking... so I told him that I would just follow him.

When he came to the roads though, I would repeat to him that there are cars on the road and because the roads are dangerous, he needs to hold my hand whenever we cross the roads. Because if he did not do that, the cars might knock him down and he will have to say Bye Bye to me and never be able to see mummy again.

Anyway, he held my hand and crossed the road and ventured into the cluster of flats in front of us. He walked all around the flat and it was the first time we ventured into this part of the estate.

"Ace, do you still want to go to the playground? Can you find it.. mummy will follow you... Where is the playground, Ace?"

He stood there, thought for a moment and POINTED TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

I kid you not!

My 21 month old can point out the right direction of the playground in the estate maze.. I am most amazed!

Anyway, he must have inherited this from his Dad.

When I told Ah Yee this, she was very bad.. she said that if Ace is very bad in math in future, we would know who he inherited it from... grrr....

PS: In case you are wondering. Ace reached home and I brought him to the toilet, "shhh... " him and then shower his penis and he peed. Waipo says that if you shower on his penis, he will pee.. That is good improvement in his toilet training as he is now able to tell us BEFORE he wants to pee and AFTER he poots.

Previous Post: Where is Ace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie and a smartie at that!!
I will have to tell my girlfriend about your potty training trick :)