Sunday, March 25, 2007

True Love


Did you know that a mother's love is the only love that is truly unconditional at all times?

I just realized when attending POV the other day... that I have unconditional love and commitment to Ace... look at it from this point of view... No matter how tired I am or how upset I am... if Ace is hungry.. I feed him. If he needs my hug, I hug him.. if he needs me to play with him, I play with him....

But... we dun have that kind of unconditional love for our partners. And I think I am guilty of that towards Max. Sorry, baby... but I have committed to choose you at all times and love you at all times already ;) Am sure you are starting to feel it a little more??:P

Alot of people see me and max as a model couple. I guess we are blessed in that we love each other alot and have common life goals and personalities that do not clash too much.

However, to stay this way really takes hard work. It really is a long term commitment... and it is tough. You have to commit to choose the other person at all times. (That's really hard when you are very angry at someone.. hahaha...) and then you have to commit to equality and recognize that both of you are great. Your being good does not mean your other half is being worse.

And then, we also have to take responsibility for our own happiness and not blame the other party when we are angry...

To be aware of all that and to effectively communicate about it is not easy either ;)

But, we will find our way through... because we commit to it;)

Previous Post: Lost of Territory

No comments: