Friday, February 16, 2007

MMR

Today, I brought Ace to take his MMR jab.

Initially delayed cos I had clean forgotten about it! Hahahaha... thank goodness for the fact that someone actually called me up to remind me. Wonders of the Singaporean government. They actually bother to call you and remind you about these little things.

Anyway, today since Daddy as out and everyone else was out, i was feeling a little bored and so I decided to bring Ace out as well to get his jab.

So I told him, "Ace, today we will go and get your injection. The nurse will 'took' you here. It will be a little painful but you are a brave boy and I know you will not cry. In fact, a brave boy like you will be smiling, right??:)"

Anyway, at the mention of "go out", he got really excited. Especially when he saw his shoes. So he happily sat down, raised his feet and let me put on his socks and shoes for him.

I decided to take a bus there and when i got on the bus, I realized that Ace's shoes were worn wrongly! Hahaha.. blur sotong mummy. I put his left shoe on his right leg and vice versus..

In the bus, he was really happy and kept making alot of noise. "Shh... Ace, you have to speak softly in public even though you are very happy.." I told him.

When we finally reached the interchange, I told Ace that he will have to walk all the way to the polyclinic. He happily walked most of the way and happily went up and down the steps.

But he still stopped and squatted down at certain points and when he does that, I would carry him for like 3 steps and let him walk again after that.

When we reached the polyclinic, I almost fainted.. there were so much people and my queue number was 35 numbers later.

Ace refused to sit down at the chair and just ran around the whole clinic. He was happily playing with himself and talking loudly to himself.

"Wah, he has a loud voice," commented one aunty. I ran around with him for 5 minutes.. gosh.. still 10 queue numbers away... I decided then that he had enough movement and thus I picked him up to sit with me.

But he kept wriggling. Suddenly, I had a BRIGHT idea.

"Ace ah.. look, mummy's queue number is 2850. See, now is only 2840. Can you sit here and watch the numbers and tell mummy when it reaches 2850?"

Miracles of miracles, he sat there and watched the numbers jump quietly! Muahahaha....

Finally it was our turn and I registered and brought him to the immunization room to wait for his turn. The wait was another long one and Ace was still restless. He wanted to run up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down the whole corridor. And so, poor mummy had to follow suit.

He finally saw a little boy who played with him and Ace kept wanting to take out the little boy's pacifier.. and the little boy kept wanting to hug Ace.. which made Ace a little afraid of him.. hahaha.. Ace finally met his match man!

Finally, it was his turn to go into the room. It took a while for the nurse to fill in some forms and stuff... by the time it was time for him to take his jab, he looked at me and said, "Night night.." indicating that he wanted to sleep. And then he turned to the nurse and said, "Byeeeeeeee!"

Gosh, so small already know how to find excuse to get our of a situation he did not want to be in.
The nurse told him,"No bye bye yet.." And then I told him that the nurse will 'took" him and repeated what I told him earlier.

He struggled and struggled and so I tickled him and played with him to distract him. I think when the needle went into his skin, I was the one who felt frightened and tense. He was actually ok. It was when the liquid was pushed through his skin that he cried out loud. Alas, he was quiet within like 20 seconds and was happily eating his biscuits after that.

After about 5 minutes, he even started running up and down and up and down the corridor again.. stopping to dance when he sees beautiful jie jies...

hehe.. looks like he is back to his usual self.

Darn, nurse says he might get feverish by third or fourth day. Me will feed him 10 VP a day for the next few days.

Anyway, FYI, Ace is 12.9kg already.. no wonder I keep feeling my arms ache when I carry him. This is always a good guage that he has put on weight.

No comments: