Monday, February 12, 2007

I Want To Go Home!

Since I was free and the whole world was not at home, I decided to bring Ace out. I had promised him before his afternoon nap that I would bring him out.. alas, I was not needed in office and so I decided to change plans and visit Nainai instead cos Nainai went for a day operation the other day and has not seen Ace for about a week or so already.

I told Ace we are going out and took out his shoes. He happily came towards me, sat down and tried to put on his socks. When I was done with his socks, he lifted his leg towards Waigong as if signalling Waigong to put on his shoes for him.

Once we are done, I opened the door and asked him to step out first. But he refused to step out before I did. Once i stepped outside of the house, he followed suit.

We came to the stairs and I told him, "Ace, you can climb down the stairs yourself." He opened his arms wide and said, "Bao.. bao.." I pulled him towards the railings and told him, "You try to come down yourself..."

He tried one step and then proceeded to sit there and refused to move unless I carried him.

Ok, round one, he wins.

I carry him down to the lift and put him down and we walked along the sheltered walkway. When we came to this portion that was very dark (because the lamps were all spoilt), he just squat down and refused to move. No matter what I told him and how I cajoled him, he just squat there and refused to move. When I tried to pull him up, to prove his point, he sat down completely. Then he kept pointing to the blk sign that was lighted.

I suspect he was telling me that it was too dark so I told him I would carry him along the dark areas but he has to walk in the brightly lit areas.

And so, we took a good 15 minutes to slowly walk from Waipo's house to Nainai's house. Along the way, i cheered him on for walking. He was walking really fast and did not fumble and fall like he used to. Isn't he clever?

Then I started singing with him and he walked on happily with no interest in looking at the surroundings like he usually does. Perhaps he was anxious to see his Nainai as well.

By the time we reached Nainai's block, I pointed out the numbers to him and told him to remember where Nainai was staying and then I let him press for the lift.

When we came out of the lift, I asked Ace, "Where is nainai's house?" The clever boy didn't even have to think and he just walked straight to her house and stood at her door.

Initially when Nainai opened the door, he did not want to go in. He thought I would leave him there and go.. so I went in and told him i was staying with him today.

Assured, he happily went in, took off his shoes and started his hunt for FOOD!

Lucky boy! Nainai had baked some cookies so she gave him some to try.

We spent a good hour chasing after him and making sure he will not destroy anything ;) Nainai even brought him to Ting Ting the bird (that's yeye's pet yellow canary) and the two of them played happily. Nainai would put her finger near the cage and Ting Ting would try to peck her. So Ace followed suit and quickly took his finger away when she tried to peck him and he would laugh happily.

Finally, it was time to go.

"Ace, wear your shoes. It is time to go.." I told Ace.

And so he happily went to his shoes and waited patiently for nainai to help him wear his shoes.

I tell you, this is the most amusing part of the evening because I never expected what followed next.

After Ace put on his shoes, he went to my bag, took it and passed to me as if telling it is time to go. When I put the sling around my neck and sat down to wait for Daddy's call, Ace disappeared and reappeard with my orange crocs! Hahahahahaha.....

It was as if he was telling me, I WANT TO GO HOME and WE MUST GO HOME TODAY TOGETHER!

So I had to put on my shoes. Once I put on my shoes, he would only allow me to hold his hand or carry him and he refused to let Nainai hold his hands or cuddle him for fear that we would leave him at Nainai's house.

Gee.. dunno if he was hurt when we just plonked him in Nainai's house that day. Next time must prepare him somemore and talk to him more before we send him over...

No comments: