Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ace Is Very Ugly!


Tashi met Ace that day at a gathering and said loudly in front of Ace, "Jie jie, I think Ace didi is getting more and more ugly cos his nose is now not so nice... cos his nose is like Max gor gor.."

Should I laugh or cry?

At the first instance, I went, "Oh, no!" in my head. The first question I asked myself was, "What is Ace going to think. How can I help him not feel negative about this?"

Now, I really wondered why she said that because Max has a sharp nose like me and I tot Ace is one of the cutest babies I know....

For a moment, I did not know how to react and so I told Ace, "No lah, you are very handsome to mummy!"

Hmm.. should I ask her to apologize to Ace and assure Ace that he is very handsome? I can't protect him from negativity forever so how can i instill a good sense of self worth such that he doesnt get affected by this? Is there any other way?

But now as I write about this and think deeper, something must have caused Tashi to say that. Did Ace reject Tashi's hug or something like that? My experience is that most people (even children) will only talk bad about people if they have been rejected or hurt.

I think I will let this pass but I should be more observant in future...

Anyway, on a lighter note.. I told Richie and Jez about it and we all had a good laugh.. hahaha.. I mean, in all childish innocence, this does sound very funny you know ;)

Hmm... as I think deeper.. maybe MAX or ME was the one who 'hurt' Tashi.. hahaha.... Ace just kenna by the way...

2 comments:

Perfectwound said...

I think all negative things in life like rejections and failure are very hard to cope with, regardless of children or adult.

But it's a process all of us must go through. Sometimes we can't stop anyone from hurting us verbally, emotionally or physically. I think the only cure are treatments and faith from the ones we love, which will make us stronger....either that or we must learn to grow thicker skins

:P

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahaha... I learnt now that all that we go through.. the rejections, the emotional and physical hurt tat we experience, happens, BECAUSE... WE WANTED IT TO HAPPEN.

I think a good questions to ask ourselves is that. I this person hurt us.. and we wanted THIS to happen. WHY DO WE WANT IT TO HAPPEN? How will this feeling help us?