Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kissy kissy

Ace stayed over at his Nainai's place for a few days and during the few days, they taught him to kiss them on the mouth when they said goodbye...

So when Yeye came to visit Ace, he kissed Ace on the mouth when he said goodbye...

Waipo who is used to a very different culture quietly asked me, "Eh, your in law kiss Ace on the lips leh.. isn't that very dangerous.. we adults have alot of germs one leh.. and it is unhygeinic as well leh... how ah? You know hor, I dun even dare to kiss Ace on the cheeks one leh..."

You see.. Max's house has a diff culture.. even Bingxuan (Ace's uncle who is 20 this year) still kisses his parents. They are the very passionate kind and more physical as well.

My family is completely opposite. My parents are quite conservative and not so good at expressing themselves. (you can ask max, he has been staying in my house for 3.5 mths liao.. how many sentences has he spoken to my Daddy??:P) So that is why my mum was concerned.

Ah yee saved the day though by saying, "Nevermind lah... it's his Ah Gong mah..." I think it is cos she also kisses Ace... (I even have a picture to prove it.. hahahha)

And so I just kept quiet lor. I mean, I also kiss Ace on his mouth sometimes.. and I dun think my in laws will be very happy if I tell them to STOP kissing Ace on the mouth...

To my in law's behaviour.. most of the time I close one eye since I think diff pple handle things differently when bringing up a kid. Not that they are doing nasty things lah.. i think my mother in law is a very good care-giver and mother anyway..

My father in law is very different... more garang.. and sometimes too garang by my standards.. but still, i close one eye... No matter what he does, I know he does it because he thought this is for Ace's well being cos I know he loves Ace alot. (Imagine he can wake up at night to look at Ace's picture one lor..)

I only have one minimum condition is that they cannot teach Ace to drink alchohol.. at least not until he turns 21.

Me already told max that if that happens, me will not give face and will give black black face and ban ace from seeing them for one mth...
*roar* hahahahaha....

HELP ME WIN!!
Please vote for me for:

Cutest Baby
http://www.singaporemoms.com/community/node/84570

Cutest Toddler
http://www.singaporemoms.com/community/node/84571

1 comment:

Monky said...

I think kissing is okie lah..
I think my parents also very paiseh de...i think the last i kissed my fofo was when i was 6 or 7 yrs old.So nxt time when i hv my own kids..i wanna kiss them too.to me is a sign of luv..I also kiss (but not on lips la)ace n smell him when i carry him.