Monday, January 15, 2007

Juice Beard

That's Ace drinking his daily breakfast of carrot, green apple and beet root juice ;)

That's one of his favourite things to do in the morning and somehow, he would NEVER SPILL a single drop of that unlike when he is drinking plain water...

He was so happily drinking away that he din even seem bothered that he had a orange carrot beard on his lips.. you know, like the must drink milk ad.. hahaha..

I told him he had a nice beard and he promptly ran to the mirror to look at himself...

Speaking of which, this baby is getting more and more narcisstic everyday.. he likes to go to the mirror and talk to himself and admire himself in the mirror ;) Yes Ace, mummy thinks you are very handsome and very cute too ;)

Anyway, at any rate, that is definitely better than going to the mirror to tell himself, "I hate you.." right?

And dun think that babies dun do that. One of my friends shared that day that she used to do that when she was young.. that's cos she was second in her family and always felt unwanted and unloved.

If you have more than one child, please make sure you give enough attention to all of them and love them both unconditionally. Please make them feel worthy and wanted... it will change the rest of their lives.. and that of your future generations as I have learnt tat someone who feels unworthy of love will likely not know how to love their children.. in the end, their children will also feel unloved and the vicious cycle goes on and on...

You see.. my grandma is not really my grandma.. cos my mum is not her real daughter.. my mum was given to her cos her family was too big. I figured that my mum probably wondered why her family doesnt love her and this she overtly loves us by spoiling us silly (can you imagine that while I already have my own family, my mum still comes and cook for me and iron clothes for me and my husband? Anyway, thanks mum!)

Maybe that sense of self worthlessness is passed on to me and sis. Despite being very loved.. since young, we always argued about who mummy loved more. I always felt that mummy loved sis more because she always treated her nicer and loosen the rules for her. Sis always felt mummy loved me more because she always only got hand me downs and recieved more scoldings.

Sis felt that more people liked me since mummy always said i am better than her by a little bit in everything. But I always felt that more pple liked her since everyone has been telling me how beautiful/cute/fair/slim sis is when I was young (I was chubby and not as cute)...

When I write this, it sounds silly.. but I guess everyone has their own perceptions no matter how warped it is and somestimes, these perceptions eat into us and while we pretend it does not matter, it does matter.

Ok.. I am digressing too much.. anyway, cut the long story short, I am just sharing my thoughts about what I have learnt from POV (a course tat sis recently attended). After listening to people who have attended... i feel that this is a course everyone should attend. If you have a heart... or want to keep your heart alive.. or if you want to put life back into your heart, then you MUST ATTEND.

Also, if you are concerned for the future happiness of your children, you can ask me about POV at verityy@yahoo.com

I will be attended soon in feb ;) And I will be bringing mummy along. Guess who benefits most from it- Ace Chua lah! :)

No comments: