Friday, December 15, 2006

I Can Feed Myself


Ace can kind of feed himself liao...

But most of the time he uses his hand to pick up food like biscuits and wat nots to feed himself ... that is probably like his favourite hobby and a good thing is that he has graduated to not just being able to feed himself but also feed others as well... (what a generous baby!)

If you give him a spoon though, he would not be able to do a very good job.

The other day, we let him practise using the spoon to pick up his biscuits... he was rather clever and knew how to use the edge of the bowl to help him scoop up his biscuits... but most of the time, he was playing with the spoon.

I asked Waipo if we should let Ace learn to feed himself... her reply? "If you can tahan the mess.."

I think I will save tat for when we have his high chair with us again...meanwhile, i think we can feed him...

But leh, I really cannot understand it when people tell me that they have seen children who are 7 or 8 years old who need feeding...

Godma Karen is a producer... we were talking about this show she produced tat was just shown on TV about two children from SG and two from China doing a cultural exchange... she said tat one of the two children from SG, the little boy is used to his maid feeding him and so as a result does not know how to feeed himself. GOSH! And he is already 7 years old...

Another friend told me that at school camps, one of her pri sch student did not turn off the tap after using it and when asked by his friends, the answer he gave was, "But my maid does this for me at home.."

Is our society trying to nurtur useless bums who have no use for their hands? Don't the parents know that our children's development of their hands and feet are also closely linked to their brains?

I certainly hope not...

No comments: