Friday, November 17, 2006

I Want Bao Bao!


When Ace had just learnt how to walk about one or two months back, he was always happy to walk around and refused to be carried.

Now, I dunno whether to laugh or cry because what all seasoned parents have warned me about has arrived. He has gone into the "I can walk but I am lazy so mummy can you carry me" stage...

Today, I decided to bring Ace out since he has been couped in the house for a long time since we shifted to Waipo's house to wait for daddy's leg to heal...

We were just out of the house only and he grabbed my leg and asked me to carry him. I told him that I would carry him down the stairs but after that he would have to walk.

When the lift reached the void deck, he stepped out and then hugged my leg again. I carried him and told him, "Ace, if you want to go market, you must walk yourself. If you dun want to walk, then we go home, ok?" And then I put him down and ask him to choose.

Richie Ah Ye and Jez Ah Ma warned me before never to give in and carry all the time because if you do that they will expect you to carry all the time.

Ace chose to walk.

But he was a little half hearted about it and keeps stopping and hoping that I would carry him.

Just 10 steps later, he is hugging my leg again.

I squat down and told him, "Ace, do you want to go home? Do you see the traffic light over there? You walk there and mummy carry you across the roads. You are the best, I know you can do it.. "

And Ace Chua seemed to understand and started walking.... when he fumbled, I just encouraged him, "Jia you.. you can do it.. good boy!"

So we went there, bought our stuff and came back..but on the way back, Ace became tired and grumpy... and then he started to chut pattern to get me to carry him.

As I was holding his hands, he started leaning on the hand tat I was holding and started walking in a zig zag manner. Then I told him that if he can walk to the tree in front, I will carry him from then on.. and so he started doing stunts...

And then.. ta da, he fell down and scratched his hands and knee lightly. But I decided that he has to reach the tree before i will carry him and encouraged him to go on..

By the time we reach home, i am drenched from all the sweat...

I think I will think twice about bringing him out without max.. hiaks

If you like what you have read, please VOTE FOR THIS BLOG! Just click here and give a rating...

No comments: