Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Durian King


Just what age will children start to take durians?

I don't know about other children but my son is already durian king at 14 months.

My mum's birthday present for me and max is durians... so she bought lots of durians that day... but we had something on and so we only went to her house at 6pm to eat the durians.

Because my dad had to go out, they already had round 1 of durians and Ace has already had his share of eating. He was eating happily with no show of any signs that he found the smell strong. He just seemed to like it and liked to press the prickly parts of the durian for fun.

When we reached, Ace was having his dinner.. right after his dinner, while we were still in the midst of our durian session, Ace walked over and ask to be fed.. after that, he refused to leave Daddy's side UNTIL ALL THE DURIAN WERE GONE...

If you tried to pick up up or take him away, he would cry. If you refused to feed him, he would also cry..

Hahaha.. never see babies who love durian so much before..

Maybe it is cos I used to eat durians when I was pregnant cos my mentor who is a health consultant told me that it is good for replenishing your internal energy... and then I also read somewhere that your baby actually gets to 'taste' the food you eat when they are in your body so if you eat alot of something when you are pregnant, your baby will find the taste familiar and most likely like it as well..

Therefore, mothers who love to eat green vegetabls are likely to have babies who love eating green vegetable as well.

Anyway, the next day, he woke up at 8am in the morning to SHIT one big lump of durians.. eeeeeeeee.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah.. ace really power leh.. i 25 years old already still don't dare to eat durians.. hur hur :P :P :P

Anonymous said...

You are one weird animal! You Singaporean? haha...

Choonbee said...

Durians-you either love it or hate it! Even a food connoisseur like me dislike both the smell & taste. That's cos my mom who love durian so much that we had durians for breakfast,lunch & dinner that I grew sick of it!