Saturday, August 19, 2006

Who Is The BEST?


I have been saying in my blog and to people who are willing to listen.. that babies understand what is being said even when they are still a fetus in your body. I also have been saying that whether you think your baby understands or not, he will store all the info in his brain and use it when the time comes..

And now, I have proof of that! ;)

Since he was a fetus, I have been telling Ace (almost every day or every other day) that:
he is the best,
he is the greatest,
he will definitely succeed.
He is the healthiest,
He is the most lively,
He is the happiest,
He is most well loved,
He is the most intelligent,
He has the best attitude,
He is most responsible,
He is most hardworking,
He is a best leader,
He is the most helpful,
He is the most grateful,
He is the most fillial,

Recently, then I have taken to telling him that he is a money-making boss.

Usually he just smiles at us whenever we say that to him so I guess he likes to listen to these good words.

THe other day, Daddy was playing with him and Daddy put him standing against a pole. Out of the blue, Daddy asked him, "Who is the best?"

Ace raised his hand and had a very smug look on his face.

"Who is the greatest?"

Ace raised BOTH HANDS and had a very smug look on his face.

"Who will definitely succeed?"

Ace raised his hands and kept it there...

Wow!

And that did not happen by chance cos we tried it again the next day and he raised his hands. But when I asked him,"Who is a boss?" Because that is new to him.. he thought about it for a while before he raised his hands.

Your child will become what you constantly tell him. If you constantly scold your child "Stupid.." hmm.. then let's just say it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Tashi is 8 years old this year and her mum has been telling her that she is very suited to become a boss and that she is a boss. When Tashi was 7 years old, she was in office one day, "Someone was trying to motivate his biz assocs and asked, "Who is a boss.." Tashi immediately ran over and said, "I am a little boss!"

I laughed till tears came to my eyes.

The other day, I had a conversation with her and it goes like this:

Me: What business do you want to run in future?

Tashi: Jewellery of cos. (She already has been making and selling jewellery for about a yr)

Me: What sort? The kinds you are doing now or the gold and silver kind.

Tashi: Of cos what I am doing now and the gold and silver kind lah. Everything lah.

Me: What else leh?

Tashi: And then I will take over Papa and Mama's business lah.

Me: Why?

Tashi: (Very matter of factly) Continue the business mah.

So what future do you want to paint to your child? You decide...

No comments: