Tuesday, August 08, 2006

SAHM Must Look Tired Meh?


What comes to your mind when I say the words "Stay At Home Mum"?

I know alot of people reading this blog would be interested to know cos some of them I know are fellow SAHMs like me (Soo May, we still havent met up!!)

Seems that a typical idea that people have of SAHMs are that they will look tired, lack vitality and look as if they want to die already. Probably the first image that comes to mind will be very similar to that of a "yellow face woman".. you know.. tat ah soh with messy hair, no make up, in oversized tee shirt and bermudas and slippers.

I met two of my high school school mates on the streets that day and when they found out that I was a SAHM, their comments were, "Wah, not bad hor.. you look very radiant and energetic...", "Wah.. you still look very good hor!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I was happy cos I know I look great and felt great! My fren told me I should have used this opportunity to share with them my 'secrets of vitality and youthfulness' (pss.. FYI, I will be feeling GREATER and LOOKING BETTER.. just keep reading this blog.. I will keep you posted when the time comes)

But I guess I was a little sad that SAHMs are such a misunderstood lot and that people thought motherhood was so unglam.. hahaha...

I admit tat motherhood is tough. But it is not THAT tough... and when you choose to stay beside your kid and watch him grow up, doesnt mean you have given up on yourself completely and will let yourself look like a ruin right?

As the saying goes, "Lazy women dun have the right to be ugly." SAHMs, more than any other working women need to work hard on their image so as to keep the "scenery" beautiful for our husbands.

I dunno wat you think but I think it is the duty and respoonsiblity of the wife to maintain her figure and stay beautiful so that the husband has more reason to love her. If she turns frumpy and ugly and become a boring person, then how can she blame her husband when he becomes unfaithful as a result? Takes two hands to clap right?? :)

My frens Christine, Soo May, Germaine are hot, sexy mummies. They are SAHMs and happy with it.

As one of my frens put it.... "Your life is very good.. Tai Tai Mummy leh.." and I think he is right.. hahaha..Tai Tai.. queen at home and outside.. cept in front of my son.. hahahah.. cos when in front of him, I have to be servant, slave, clown, playmate... all rolled into one ;)

Anyway, my dream is to become a hot, sexy mama who is a great mummy, great parent, beautiful, understanding, youthful-looking, capable, well-respected by many, well-loved at home... kind of like Fandi Ahmad's wife lah... only BETTER.. heheheh...

For a start, I must get back to my slim, svelte self.... 55kg here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Sexy mummy...and WIFE! Here I come!

Anonymous said...

haha... ya i totally agree that we, as a wife must always try hard to keep hold of hubby's heart!! but notes for husband.. "u too must keep FIT & attractive"

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahahaha.. well said!

I had a fren whose hubby used to be fit and lean.. after marriage, he gained like near to 15kg and looked like an uncle..

So she said unfair cos the goods no longer the same as the ones she accepted.. hahhahaa...

Luckily he woke up his idea n managed to lose his extra weight within 2 weeks ;)