Monday, August 28, 2006

I love to shop!



I love to shop.

I shop when I am very happy and shop when I am unhappy as well. I believe they call it retail therapy.

When I was younger, whenever I am feeling down, I would go to the accesories shop and buy myself a small gift of less than $1 worth and then feel very happy about my purchase after that. It is the little 'reward' I give myself to make myself happy.

And then as I grew older and started working, I would keep about $100 every month for shopping. Be it the purchase of nice clothes, bags, shoes, make up.. etc.. I would always keep $100 a month without fail for shopping. If I overspent this month, I would spend less next month. But I always bought myself something to reward myself for working so hard.

But it has been a long long while since I shopped for myself.

Ever since I got pregnant, I have been shopping for the baby. When Ace is born, even worse. Whenever me and Daddy have free time to shop, we end up buying things for Ace. We would buy toys, buy clothes and hunt for bargains and only when we ended up buying something would we feel satisfied.

Many a times I had to stop Daddy from buy stuff just because it is cute and orange because some baby stuff are really over priced. But there are times when Daddy put his foot down and said he HAS TO BUY IT FOR ACE cos he says it is his right as a father.

Just take the other day for example. Me and Daddy spent about two hours inTakashimaya and bought Ace an orange adn white striped shirt, an orange super man t-shirt, a beige pants, a white long pants for bedtime.. and nothing for ourselves.

Then on Sunday, we had more free time and we scouted outside carrefour for about an hour and end up buying him a $5 toy (that you see him playing in the picture)... and nothing for ourselves.
Actually, even Ah Yee has caught the bug. When she got money, she will buy biscuits for Ace, buy books for him, buy him clothes.. buy him toys... hahhaa..

Well, when I was growing up, my mum spent most of her money on me and sis too.. and I always wondered how she survived without buying things for herself.. i guess now I know..

1 comment:

Clatzz said...

ystd u broke the curse le..
u managed to buy alot of things for urself... :p