Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Begin With The End In Mind


My idol, Brian Tracy says, that one should always begin with the end in mind. So did my mentor.

The other day, my mentor was telling me that no matter what you desire in your life, no matter what kind of success you envision yourself having, it is most important to first answer this one question: "Wat kind of person do you want to be?"

You must first decide what kind of person you want to be because you do not HAVE in life what you want first before you BECOME that person. The sequence is always BE, DO, HAVE. Become that kind of person, do what he/she will do and in the end, you will have what you desire.

For parents, this question is even more important. Because this is linked to what kind of person you want your child to become.

All parents want to nurture their children and make them great people. However, children behave through your examples. We are who we are today because of our parents. We have these thoughts that we have today mostly because of our parents.

Think about this. Amongst your brothers and sisters, dun you show many characteristics similar to that of your parents? The more you like a particular parent, the more you will be like them.

I am like my mum in many aspects, tomboy, like to talk, like to help people, independent, cool-headed in times of danger...and so is my sis ;) (Hiaks, but we love our dad too okay..)

So if you want your children to become someone succesful, it is important that you first exude characteristics of a successful person.

I have had friends whose children were actually last in class and they were so upset. They attended a course called SCS, learnt to be more successful themselves and applied what they have learnt on their children as well.. wah lah, next semester, the same little boy was top in class! What a great difference!

I dislike change and am a lazy person by nature. But whether I like it or not, I have to strive to improve myself so that my son can become a better man.

Ace, mummy will lead you by good example okie!?:P Mummy and Daddy love you!

No comments: