Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ace Favourite Games


Well, Ace is one year old already... but somehow, it seems tat the games he plays are not very different from those tat he used to play... or not very different from those tat a 3-year old plays.

His current few favourites are:

Tickle my chest
I have always wondered why Ace likes to use his head to head my breasts and I always tell him tat it is very painful and not to do it. But he still likes to do it every now and then. Last time, it was a signal that he wanted milk.. now that there is no milk, he does it less but he still does it...

One day, while I was watching Daddy play with him, I realized that he was doing it because he was trying to play with me. Cos when Daddy plays with him, Daddy would put his head near his chest and go... "Boo boo boo.." and then Ace would cackle with laughter...

I shall try to appreciate and laugh when he does tat next.. but leh, my poor breasts are sure to suffer.. FYI, they have shrunk back to pre-Ace days size already... I am so glad i dun have to wear the ugly and no form nursing bra anymore!!!!

Now you see me, now you dun..
Another favourite game that Ace likes is that you hide somewhere (behind the wall, the door.. etc) and then suddenly you appear and say "Wah!" (Ace luffs) and then you go and hide and say, "You cannot see me..." you pause, wait a few seconds and appear in front of him again and he will luff very loudly.

I play tat with him everyday but only in the comfort of my home cos if not, I think I will risk looking like a xiao char bor (crazy woman). hahahaha..... not to mention that it is a tiring game.. i usually can only last for 15 min max cos it takes quite a lot of stamina to run forward, run backwards, jump, say "Wah!" again and again and again for like a hundred times.. hehe..

Run, Ace, Run!
In order for Ace to learn how to walk better, I tried to make him 'run across the playpen.'

The game goes like this. I would stand at one side of the playpen and I would say, "Come here, Ace! Come here..."

And then Ace will come over to the edge of the playpen and I will say, "Mummy run run run run run to the other side.." while I use exegaratted steps to 'run' over to the other side.. and then Ace will turn around.. giggle and try to walk over to the other side to catch me.

Every 2, 3 times, I will allow him to catch me... and it is great fun cos we would luff and luff.. but just tat my stamina can only allow me to play this game for 15 min max.. hahaha..

You give me, I return to you
You would take something.. and then you will give it to Ace and tell him, "Mummy giving this to you..." and then teach him to say Thank You when he gets it..

After that, you reach out your hand and say, "Ace, can you return it to mummy.." when he passes it to you, you say "thank you" to him and repeat the game again and again...

Research And Destroy
The aim of R&D is to DESTROY... so the game will start with you putting some toys into the playpen. Prefered choice would be stacking cups tat are stacked up in the tower or kept inside each other.. or building blocks which are stacked up high...

Ace will take the cups off one by one or the blocks off one by one.. or he will take out the cups one by one and stare at it and turn it around and around in his hands as if researching on what he can do with it...

When he gets sick of that, he will dive into the toys and make them into a mess (DESTROY!).. after that, he will pick it up one by one and throw it out of the playpen.. I must say he is good throw cos he will try to throw it into the paper bags around his playpen and many times, he is successful even though the paperbag is some distance away.

Well, you pick everything up and stack up nicely in the playpen again and he will repeat the whole research and destroy process...

Kiss the Teddy
This game is similar to Run, Ace, Run.

For Ace's first birthday, Chek chek (His uncle, Wilson) bought him a winny the pooh teddy bear. Put the bear at one corner of the playpen and then use a high pitched voice to talk to him by making believe that the bear is alive. You will ask him how is his day... etc etc.. and then he will run towards the bear.. once he is near, teddy will 'run run run run' to the other side and sit down on the edge of the playpen with a 'poin!" sound.

Ace will then giggle and laugh and run towards the bear and the bear will run again. Finally when he catches the bear, he will kiss the bear and smooch him all over.. try to bite him all over and when he is done, he picks up the bear and passes the bear to me again and request tat we play again..

2 comments:

Choonbee said...

Does Ace read your blog? As in you will read out loud to him? How does he response when he sees his own photo on the computer? That might be interesting...

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahaha.. I never tot of reading to him leh.. cos my articles are all so looooooooooong.. muahahahaa....

But well, he is very happy whenever he sees his own picture in the PC... sometimes he will clap because I suspect he thinks he is handsome.. muahahhaa...