Monday, June 19, 2006

Hua Hin- Day 1

Well, many have asked me how was my holiday... so here's more about our holiday...

xxx xxx xxx
We were supposed to reach the airport at 7.30am in the morning. We woke up bright and early to send Ace to my mum’s place. On the way there, I hugged Ace tightly and told him that I would be back soon.. but nevertheless.. he was just happily sleeping in my arms and never once stirred.

Since a few days ago, I have been telling him:
- that I will be going on a trip
- that even if he dun see me, I still love him..
- that I will be back in 4 days (and I will count to 4 with him)
- that he dun have to miss me
- that he must be a good boy and enjoy himself at Waipo’s house

I noticed that when I give him advance notice and repeat again and again, he is always happy.. but if I dun, he gets cranky and misses me much…

Anyway, after we sent him to Waipo’s place, I gave him a kiss, and went on our way to the airport… everything was as before when I went on the HK trip last year :) (To view post about HK Trip Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, click on link )

At the airport
When we reached the airport, we checked in and went to Mac Donalds for breakfast. As I had slept very late early the night before (I was busy sending out emails till 4am in the morning…), I had my bad sneezing day again.

It was the first time I was taking a budget airline. But other than no TV to entertain me and no food offered, I din feel tat it was all tat different.. anywayz, it din really bother me since I was really tired and slept all the way on the plane from SG to BKK and then we took a 3 hour cab ride from BKK airport to hua hin.. and I slept through that too.. hahahaha..

Finally when we arrived at the hotel, I was really thirsty and hungry.. and so, I was pleasantly surprised to find them serving me chrysanthemum tea in their little elephant glasses.. very cute right? Max almost wanted to bring them home.. only to find tat they cost 250baht each..tat’s about a little more than $10 each…

We went to our room.. and it was sort of cosy in a colonial way… and then we decided to venture out to find some food and to walk around a little…
Lunch was yummy.. maybe cos we were hungry since it was a little more than 3pm SG time by then.. we had GREEN CURRY and Tom Yam soup tat day.. YUMMILICIOUS!

Our Adventure at the Tailor
After that, we decide to go check out the tailor and their rates. After speaking to the salesman, Sajid and Jack, we decided to make a suit for Max.. alas, in the midst of measuring Max and bargaining the price… (from 6000 baht to 4800 baht for one suit and two shirts), it started to pour…

We couldn’t believe our eyes when the water level started to rise and rise and rise. Sajid told us that this happens 2-3 times every rainy season and we were THAT LUCKY to see that… it rose so high tat Sajid and Jack had to go out and move their motorcycles (most pple ride bikes there) in case it couldn’t start if the water went into the exhaust pipes…

So there was nothing we could do but stay in the shop. Max was happy since he was concentrating on calling his kakis about their fav topic of this month- World Cup. As for me, I was just busy sneezing… and taking pictures :)

Finally, after waiting for half an hour, in an act of desperation, we decided we had better leave the tailor shop by hook or by crook.. cos Sajid told us tat it could take another hour before the water would subside…

What to do then?! We were both in long pants and sneakers… at last resort, we took cue from Sajid and Jack and rolled up our trousers, took out our shoes and sock and walked barefooted…

It was quite a scary experience to me because the water was black and dirty and there were many places where I couldn’t see the floor and din know wat was underneath me and where next to step. Luckily, the locals there are very helpful and kept pointing the way.. we hopped, jumped and walked all the way till we past the massage shop and Max suggested tat we went in for a massage.

Gee, that must have been the BEST idea that he has had in the whole day.. hehehehe.. it was a heavenly 2 hours.. the masseur was really good.. and 2 hours in heaven only costed 500baht!

After the massage, it was still drizzling though… so we went to the store nearby and bought a pair of slippers each and then proceeded to search for a place to have dinner.

Hua Hin is a boring place. There are many of the same shops around… most of the time, you will see tailors, optical shops, seafood restaurants, pizza restaurants.. and so we ended at a pizza restaurant that provides games for you to play… we had so much fun playing the game tat we bought a set home… hehehehe…

After that, we explored a little bit and went back to our hotel room to rest and watch soccer. We also decided that we would try to give Ace a little brother or sister since it has been our original plan to try for baby number two when Ace turns one years old ;)

And that spelt the end of our first day in Hua Hin.

2 comments:

Clatzz said...

make in thailand comeing soon?? haha

<*ANGEL*> said...

PPG: Ya... I got day 2,3,4 also.. no time to upload... you can read about it before you go HH...

Clatzz: Hahahha... dunno leh... I did feel very tired.. got backache... but no vomitting yet... so.. keep your fingers crossed...