Sunday, June 11, 2006

Gong Gong Gong


Ace has a new toy... My bell at my altar...

You see, I am buddhist and belong to the singapore soka association... I chant Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo and on my altar, there is a bell which you sound when you do your prayers..

Now that Ace is mobile, he always likes to climb to my Gohonzon area and then he will strike the bell and laugh...

Uncle Joe, whose son is 6 mths older than Ace, says that he has since kept his bell inside the drawers because when his son was about Ace's age, he will go to the bell and strike it lightly.. now that he is older, he will strike the bell LOUDLY...

Well, I am hoping I can teach Ace not to strike the bell so that I dun have to keep it.. :)

Mum tells me that Ace is probably a buddhist in his previous life... cos since very young, he has been able to do the kneeling action which is unlike most children she has seen.. also, the other day while he was at her altar, she passed him some prayer beads and he put it in his hands, kneeled down and started mumbling to himself as if he was chanting like her! She was so amused! heheheh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there.. i am sharon.. your hubby's ex-colleague in navy :)

i had just moved on to blogspot.. go and check out my blog okie?? remember to tag mi wor.. thanks :)

btw ace so mischievous and cheeky hor.. kiss a little gal and even touch the bell at the altar.. aiyooooooo *faint*

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahahah.. ya.. soemtimes you scold him.. he just SMILE AT YOU.. like tat then tak gong ;P

Monky said...

go make 1 altar like mine lah.can keep 1..pull out only when u wanna chant.. :)
heeee....