Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rock-a-Bye Baby

My mum is a typical grandmother...

When Ace was born, she advised me to NEVER rock Ace to sleep.. if not I would have a hard time getting him to sleep without rocking him in future...

But leh, she rocks Ace to sleep every time Ace goes over to her house and EVERYDAY whenever she comes over to MY HOUSE.. "Grandmothers are all like that..." says my friend when I told her about Waipo.. "My mum is like tat too.."

And so, this is how and why Ace refuses to sleep unless he is rocked to sleep.. sigh....

Today, Ace woke up bright and early in the morning at 8am and started to talk, jump, crawl and roll around bed.

By 10.30am, half his battery was gone... and by 11, he was almost gone...

He was lying in in playpen... feeling bored.. and his eyes were half closed... I ignored him and after a while when I looked at him, he was still in the same pose.. so I decided to shift him to a more comfortable position and pat him a little and help him to sleep.. alas, the moment i shifted him, he became wide awake again...

So I ignored him again.. and slowly he reclined back into his playpen mattress... alas after half an hour, he still refused to sleep... I tot the nursery rhymes I was playing may have been disturbing him and so I turned it off... and he started to stand up and make lots of noise..

At last resort, I picked him up and ROCKED him.. and 3 seconds later, he is asleep!

Ace is 11.3kg now.. I dunno how long more can I rock him even though my biceps are getting bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger because of my precious son.. hiaks...

2 comments:

Monky said...

wah..Ace knows how to 'sa jiao"..heee

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hiyo, he very long time ago already know how to do tat liaoz...