Thursday, April 20, 2006

Toro! Toro! Michael Crichton

More info about the my previous post about being eco-concious.. Yes.. a reply from Dr Miller!
-----------------------------------------------
Angel,

For further reading on this subject, I suggest:

"Reconstructing Climate and Environmental Changes of the Last 1,000 years," at: http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~wsoon/1000yrclimatehistory-d/Energy+EnvironmentSoonetal2003.pdf, by Willie Soon and Sallie Baliunas.

"Gobal Warming, a Guide to the Science," at: http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/admin/books/files/GlobalWarmingGuide.pdf.

Best,
Don

----- Original Message -----
From: Verity
To: XXX
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:41 PM
Subject: Toro! Toro! Michael Crichton
Dear Dr Miller,

My name is Angel and I come from Singapore. I was surfing through the net when I came across your article, Toro! Toro! Michael Crichton...

Maybe it is pure coincidence... or perhaps we have wat we chinese call 'fate' hahaha.. about a week ago, I borrowed the book State Of Fear from the library as I am a MIchael Crichton fan like my husband ;)

After reading the book, I started to wonder if all the 'fiction' is really true because the data that is being pulled out in the book are from real sources. I had wanted to find out more but didnt seem to find much information when I typed 'global warming' into the internet...

I am no doctor (I run a biz and studied in Jap studies and Economics ;) but I do truly care about our environment and would like to find out what exactly is happening. I have a 9 month old son.. i want to figure this out right so that I know what is the right thing to teach him.... (You can read about him at verityy.blogspot.com)

Actually, all the things described in State of Fear sounds really plausible to me. I would not be surprised if they happened in the real world...

Do you have any references you could forward to me for reading up?

I thank you for taking the time to reply this email. Do have a very nice day!

Regards
Angel

PS: Your picture looks good! :P

No comments: