Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What's Big, Blue and Swollen?


What's BIG, BLUE and SWOLLEN?

A bah lo ku...

Make tat ACE'S BAH LO KU.

I started my day off with a BIG BANG... literally... I was happily sleeping (Very tired cos I was preparing for some charity event over the weekend and din sleep till 5.30, 6am in the morning and woke at 7.30am...)

And then suddenly, I hear a LOUD 'POP' sound!

I woke up, and found that Ace was nowhere to be found! Nearly died of fright!

I looked at the foot of my bed and there he is... his head was on the floor and because the space between my bed and the TV console was a small space, his body was supported by the TV console... He looked as if he was doing a headstand.. and his body was flipped backwards with his spine in a C shape... If you try to imagine it... and if he is not your son but some character in a cartoon or a movie.. I guess it really does seem quite hilarious.. ;) You know.. it is like the character fall and is folded over himself like tat...

I quickly carried him and he was crying very loudly... He has never cried so loudly in his life!

I felt so guilty for not knowing that he had woken! But there was no time to self reprimand...

I sayang him and hugged him close and upon closer inspection, I realized there is a big, angry looking 'bao' (swelling) on his head... He seemed quite inconsolable and cried louder and louder whenever i moved him and I was quite worried.. and then after like about a minuite, he quiet down.. so I gave him some nen nen to suck so that he can calm himself down also...

After that, I tried to ask him to stand, sit, crawl (to ascertain that his spine is okie) and tried to make him luff (to ascertain that his brain is okie). He passsed the tests with flying colours.

But I still din know how to deal with tat angry bao tat was beginning to turn blue black.. i did the only thing i know.. apply VP powder to it...n i quickly called waipo cos she is a child care teacher... Waipo said to apply jam bak and also to use ice to cover with handkerchief and dab over the swelling to help it go down...

I did tat.. and then started to SMS Daddy to inform him about it. Meanwhile Ace is already starting to climb around the whole place...

After a while, he got tired and wanted to sleep.. he crawled towards me and climbed up and rested his head between my breasts, heave a sigh of contentment and just stayed there for 5 minutes like that. I tot he was asleep but he was just enjoying himself.

Then later, i fed him somemore and rocked him to sleep.. but once i put him down.. he would wake up.... so in the end, i brought him to bath and let him watch Your Baby Can Read VCD....

Only when he started clapping his hands and 'singing' along did I finally feel that he is REALLY okie... then I tried to tickle him and he started to giggle.. only then did I know for sure he is okay... phew....

I hope one lesson is enough to teach him not to crawl off my bed again.. anywayz, daddy will put up fencing in his cot and we have decided that he will sleep in his own cot from now on...

VOTE FOR ACE!
Check: http://verityy.blogspot.com/2006/02/vote-for-ace.html
Ace current votes: 2 (updated daily i think...)
Ace current placing: 30/101
Countdown: 25 more days to go...

1 comment:

Clatzz said...

sayang sayang ace...