Friday, February 03, 2006

Leng Zhua has a runny nose 2

Last nite was not a good night for me....

Cos Leng Zhua has a runny nose... and last nite.. he kept me quite awake... so now i have got panda eyes....

Leng Zhua was already asleep when I went to pick him up at grandma's place... and he was a little feverish when we picked him up.

A little worried for him and worried that his fever may get worse, I put him in bed and let him sleep beside me so that I can monitor him and so that he can benefit from the negative ions and far infra red rays of the kiko mat I am sleeping on and recover faster.

Because he was somewhat feverish, I tried to let him have a bigger space.. so I squeezed myself so close to the side that I was like half sleeping on Ace's bed (which was beside my bed) instead.

Somehow.. when he is sick, he will start to turn around.. he was initially parallel to me..midnight.. he started to swivel and when i woke up to check him.. his head was against my body and his legs were against Daddy... whenever he does that, he will start to kick daddy and remembering how daddy said that his kicking kept him awake, i decide to turn him back... (even though I know he will go back to that position..)

I think an hour later, I woke up again to check him... he was feverish still....and he was perpendicular to me liaoz.. since he is not kicking, i ignored him... I was kind of worried but I tried to console myself.. someone ever told me that if your baby is feverish, it is cos he has built antibodies and the antibodies are fighting the virus.... so I told myself it must be tat reason tat he is suddenly feverish after being happily having a runny nose for two days... (he still smiles and plays despite tat)

A while later, when i woke up, I realised tat he is now perpendicular to me but his head if facing my feet.. and the best part is tat he is awake.. and he flipped over on his stomach and was all sweaty...

I wiped away his sweat and then returned to bed....

An hour later, I woke up and found him to be not as feverish.. i thinks sweating it out helped but he was still warm.. not to take any chances, i woke up, got a towel and started to towel him with a wet tower...

An hour later, i woke up, spray kinertec water on him with a spritzer.. and he started to wriggle here and there...

Then I made a huge sacrifice.. i let him have my half of the bed... and i slept in one corner all rolled up....

An hour later, I woke to check on him.. all okay...

Finally at around 6am, he woke and I went back to my original position so that I could feed him....

He was ok when he was awake today.. however.. when i was feeding him lunch, he puked all the milk and the gruel i fed him and yes, he puked all over me :S

Yet after he puked, he got better and better... and finally, he even stopped having a runny nose... I am happy to announce that now, he just has a blocked nose...

I read up on his symptoms and realized tat it could either be a cold or allergy reaction to dust... did you know babies have to have colds at least 3-4 times a year cos they need to build their immune system? tat sucks.. but at least most of the time, Ace is happy...

Darn.. i think it is cold lah.. but if it is an allergy reaction (shit, he has some of the symptoms like clear mucus, wipes his nose, blueish red under the eyes) to dust.. I will seriously consider investing in that RAINBOW vacum cleaner....

Anywayz, I tried to clean the house just now in case it is the dust that is getting him and when i switched on the vacum, he just cried and screamed.. how to clean like tat?? luckily, daddy was at home so i got daddy to carry him while i cleaned...

I look forward to a good nite's sleep today...

Pray for me... will you....

No comments: