Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ace Chua has a runny nose


For the first time n Ace's life, he has caught a runny nose.... and guess wat, I think he may have got it from ME:S

Well, as usual.. mummy gets her runny nose whenever she does not have enough sleep.. and for the past few days for new year, mummy did not sleep well.. so by the third day of new year, she was having a massive runny nose hit...

It did not help that other people around Ace were also having running nose... eg, Chek chek wilson and oracle jie jie... worst still, during CNY.. so many pple were carrying him here and there.. there was so much passing of hands that I do not know who is carrying him sometimes..

Sigh.. he din use to get it no matter how bad my sneezing was... i guess wat i read is really true.. tat babies.. when born, have got natural immunity that they recieved from their mother.. after 6 months, they will gradually lose this immunity and will have to build their immunity all over again by themselves...

Anywayz, when Ace woke up yday, he was still quite okay... then after he bathed.. he started sneezing and having a runny nose... to makes matter worse.. maybe becuase he is teething.. maybe because he cannot breathe from his nose...he just cannot seem to control his saliva and was salivating more than usual... so he is a messy sight when he sneezes...

Strangely though.. he was not like SICK sick.. cos he is his usual happy self.. still happy and smiling.. just that he sneezes now and then and has muscus running down his nose every now and then..

I heard from Jez Ah Ma that some children will have a positive connotation with being sick because when they are sick, their parents will shower them with more attention than usual.. so whenever her children gets sick.. she will scold them and tell them that she hates it when people gets sick...

Afraid that Ace might get that association, I kept telling Ace, "See, sick so xin ku right? Isn't it better to be healthy?"

Ah Yee helps by reminding him that he is a happy healthy baby..

On top of tat.. I also tell him that I dun like it when he is sick and ask him to get well quickly... I tell him when he is sick I cannot sleep well or rest well... and I also tried 'scolding' him for getting sick.. (but as I scold.. my own heart pain pain.. sigh...)

And it's true... somehow at night.. when he is wheezing away (cos his nose is stuck and he closed his mouth and was trying to breathe through his nose), mummy's heart very pain and mummy cannot sleep well... so afraid that something may happen to him in the middle of the night...

And for some unknown reason.. Ace likes to sleep perpendicular to mummy when he is sick.. everytime i make him parallel to me.. he turns himself perpendicular.. i wonder wat is the logic behind it all..

I tot Ace will sleep alot when he is sick.. after a nite of waking up.. I had wanted to sleep in a little longer.. alas, Ace had other plans. This morning, he woke up and started to PULL MY HAIR, SCREAM OUT LOUD.. so I had no choice but to wake up at 8.30am in the morning..

As I type this and look at his zonked out face.. (he is admiring the music I am playing for him.. it's the same CD we always listen together when I was pregnant) i think it is time i made him sleep again.. he should rest more.. so should I.. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ace's mummy, maybe aviod sleeping in a aircon room, this helps.

<*ANGEL*> said...

erm, we dun sleep in aircon room.. our room got aircon but we dun switch on cept when i was pregnant and scared of heat ;)

thanks for the suggestion though ;)