Monday, January 23, 2006

Mummy garang guni :)

I admit... I am a closet garang guni....

While the GG man keeps and collects old things to sell them away for profit.. i just like to keep them around... cos I was lulled into this false sense of security that they might be useful some day...

I collect and i keep everything... from the erasers I bought when I was in pri 1, to my JC notes.. all the way to my mum's platform shoes...

My motto is: Everything also keep, you never know when you will need it..

But this 'habit' was not a good one... It got to a point where my bedroom was constantly in a mess there was only one path from the door to my bed.. but I still wanted to keep everything!

When I shifted to my own home, i threw away many things.. but after living in my current place for about a year and a half.. i still have some unpacked boxes that consisted of things I would like to keep.. but apparently are not quite useful in everyday life....

The thing is.. I know that most of the time, I dun need them.. but I just wanted to keep them around for rare ocassions when i needed them...

Every CNY, when she is doing spring-cleaning, my mum will ask me, "Hiyo.. keep this and keep that for what? Throw lah.. you want to keep for your son or daughter is it???"

And I want to proudly announce that the time has come for some of the things i kept to be useful! :)

Yes, I kept them for my son and daughter and now they will be able to use it!!!!

Well, while spring-cleaning this year, my mum found some toys that me and sis used to play with when we were younger... some legos, some stack up blocks... and she even found a bib that came in useful today when she fed Ace...

My 'fat' clothes were kept and preserved in a box.. at times I would lament the fact that they took up so much space and then I would decide to throw or bring them to the tailor for adjustment.. but i just never quite got around to doing it..

However, I found some of them quite useful throughout the course of my pregnancy and also right after pregnancy before I got back into shape...

But after 2 decades of hoarding stuff and onli having two instances where they seem useful... I think it might really have been better to throw them away.. hahahha.. after all, i can always buy new toys for Ace and buy new clothes for myself ;)

Okie, the next time i shift, I shall be more 'heartless' and throw more rubbish away.. so darling, if you want me to clear the boxes in the storeroom, we quickly earn more moolah and shift to a bigger, better place okie??:P Hiaks....

2 comments:

<*ANGEL*> said...

hahaha.. she also closet garang guni???

Anonymous said...

hahaha...jia you lah EQ!