Sunday, October 16, 2005

Why Ah Yee Loves Ace

My sister adores Ace very much. She never liked children but declared that Ace is the cutest little baby she has ever seen.

She always took leave to stay at home to take care of Ace and play with him when I need to leave Ace at Mum’s place.

In fact, while I was away in HK, she became one of his favourite ‘toys’. She would talk to him, sing to him and he would be so happy he would talk back to her LOUDLY in baby language as described by my mum.

While I was staying over at mum’s place, she would come to the room where me and Ace were sleeping first thing in the morning, right after she woke up.

Whenever she sees baby stuff, she would also buy it for Ace.

When she goes out and doesn’t come home, my mum only need to call and say Ace is waiting for Ah Yee and she will return.

Even when she is outside. One phonecall about how Ace was running out pampers and she will volunteer to go and buy, deliver to the house and go back to do whatever she was doing. That’s selfless love from Ah Yee ok!

My sister was really never one to like babies or have any patience with them. So it came as a surprise to us all that she was tat caring and loving towards Ace.

The other day when she was at home, we were talking about this issue. Was it because Ace was really cute or was it because all aunties behave in the same way? (Read lalapom’s blog about her niece Abbie)

Today, I have uncovered the real reason.

My grandma took out all the old baby photos of me and sis. And strangely… VERY STRANGELY.. MY SON LOOKS LIKE AH YEE! And the alikeness is close to 90% okay! (Sorry no scanner.. only got camera so this is the best I can do) End they are especially alike when Ace is doing the M shaped mouth look.


You can’t dislike someone who looks like you right?!:)

Heh, my sis was a popular baby. She has always been more popular with the aunties than me because she had the face that EVERYONE LOVES. Everyone wanted to be her godma. Everyone wanted to buy her things. Everyone wanted to be nice to her.

If you think I am pretty, she is prettier. Much more… in fact, people say she looks like Lin Ching Hsia! While I was a fat girl, she was always slim… while I had small eyes.. she had large ones.. while I didn’t have dimples, she had them.. the list goes on..

So I guess I dun mind that my son looks like her.

But boy was I jealous as a kid. It certainly did not feel good when adults always gave your sister all the attention. But I guess that was the motivation for me to excel in other areas (studies, going on stage, art, etc) to get attention.

I guess this is also why I always make extra effort to talk to Tashi and Joo Ing’s gor gor cos they share the same fate as I did. They have cuter younger siblings and are always in semi limelight only.

Wonder who my next baby will look like…

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

wah i so gam dong with all ur discriptions... ni tai guo jiang le...

momo say before that ace's M shape mounth looks like mine..

i think ace look like me cos we both got little hair... :p

<*ANGEL*> said...

i think is cos ace look like me n we look alike... only diff between us is tat u got big eyes.. which ace has.. tat's y lor:P

<*ANGEL*> said...

Clatzz with NO HAIR???????:P