Thursday, October 13, 2005

She Dunno How To Appreciate My Grandson!

My father in law loves Ace very much.

Even though he has always wanted a grand daughter and was a little disappointed when he found out that Ace Baby is a baby boy, he absolutely adores his little grandson now.

So much does he love his grandson that before the birth of Ace, he actually went to change and upgrade his phone to a camera phone so that he can take pictures and videos of his grandson.

In fact, he loves Ace so much that he will keep a photo of Ace by his bedside. When he is tired, he will switch off the lights and walk to his bed and lie down. But just before he sleeps, he will take out Ace's photo and a torchlight and will use the torchlight to shine on the picture and look at it lovingly for 5 minutes before he can sleep. This is like his new nightly ritual (as described by my mother-in-law).

In the living room, right on top of the TV is a cute picture of Ace with his hands in the air. It is put there so that he can admire his grandson during the commercial breaks.

And every monday when we go to their house for supper, he will repeat AGAIN and AGAIN how which particular passenger of his has been saying that Ace is very cute.

"You know when the phone rang, the lights come up and the picture will appear... and then my customer (father-in-law is a taxi driver) said, 'Uncle, your grandson is very cute! Look like ang moh baby!' And he is not the only one to say that okay, the other day, another customer also say..."

He even told us that there was a passenger who asked him to lend her his handphone to scroll all the pictures because she says, "I have never seen such a cute baby before!"

So proud is he of his grandson that something really comical happened that day.

He was taking the lift and he saw this lady he didn't know very well. He saw that she had a baby and he played with the baby. And then he asked the lady, "Do you want to see picture of my grandson?"

I think the lady was too embarrased to refused so she said ok. Then he took out his phone and showed her Ace's picture. The lady said, "orh..." and that was it.

He was very angry and came back to complain to us.

"Chey! 他都不会欣赏我的孙子! (She doesn't know how to appreiciate my grandson!) Never say my grandson is handsome boy.. humph!"

Hahahaha... so remember hor, if take cab and see Ace's picture pop up on the Uncle's phone when it rings, that's my father in law. Do remember to tell him that his grandson is very handsome!

PS: Actually... I also think that Ace is very adorable ;) I think 95% of the girl friends I meet often have got pics of Ace either in their PC or their handphones! ;) Some even use as wallpaper... so I find it strange when people look at Ace and dun have much expression.. hahahahha ;)

1 comment:

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahaha.. i asked my father-in-law which is more exciting for him.. birth of my hubby.. or birth of his grandson...

No prizes for guessing which one he chose.. hiaks :)