Sunday, October 30, 2005

I Hate Injections

I hate injections.

Especially when they are administered to me cos I am a scaredy cat who is afraid of pain.

I especially hate injections when they are administered to Ace and it is not just because I dun like things poking into my baobei's skin.

Last month, when Ace had his injection, I had a very BAD ACE DAY . It was really bad and I almost suffered from post natal blues.

Therefore, I really dreaded Ace’s 4th month injection.

Alas, I would say it was much better than the third month.. ;) And that is because mummy is better prepared this time. This time, one week before the jab, I fed Ace with more VP than usual and made him drink more water. After injection, I fed him with EVEN MORE VP to ensure that he quickly detox all the rubbish and dun get feverish or achy for too long.

When we reached the Polyclinic, we had to queue up for quite a while. By the time it was our turn, Ace was already half asleep.

While lying on the weighing scale (Ace grew from 6.8 to 8.15kg within one month leh!), Ace fell asleep. The nurse asked me to wake him up so I shook him a little. He woke up but the nurse took so long to prepare the needle that by the time she was ready, he was asleep again.

My son dam kiang lor. Once the needle went in, he woke up, cried for 3 seconds and went back to sleeping!

Then while I was seated outside and waiting for him to settle down before we left the clinic, he just slept and slept.

After about 15 minutes, he woke up and smiled at me. That’s a good sign. The last time, he started to have that M shaped mouth right after the injection.

Then I brought him to the library to borrow books, to econ minimart to buy some things and then on the way home, he smiled at me again.. GOOD!

Then I reached home and by then he was starting to feel a little warm so I sponged him. He was ok after a while and so we brought him to wai po’s house because me and hubby had something on that night.



He was very sleepy and slept through the night… only waking at 6am in the morning for milk and because he shit. I sponged him again during the night to ensure that he will not be too warm.

In the morning when he woke, he was 38.5 degrees. after a few rounds of sponging, he dropped to 37 degrees. He was still smiling and that was a good sign.

Then mummy itchy hand. Nurse said his leg will ache where the injection was administered my itchy hand go and touch and ask him pain or not.. HE SCREAMED and then Daddy scolded me for my itchy hands.



Then whole morning I had to saying him and carry him while daddy did housework. Super
daddy washed clothes, fold clothes, pack stuff, ironed clothes all while I was taking care of Ace.

Anyway, after that, he was ok liao so me and hubby brought him to office.

As office had air con, he cooled down very shortly and was free from fever from afternoon onwards.



Yet, even though he did not have fever, he was more grumpy than when he was feeling warm.

He keep wanting daddy or me to carry him. He refused to sleep and refused to drink his milk if it is not warm enough. He kept shitting (good sign of detox.. mummy is happy to see tat.. for some unkown reason, he always shits black stuff when he has injection.. imagine how poisonous these injections are..), he cries when we touch his supposedly painful thigh and puking milk cos he kept wanting to drink non stop. Ou Ni still want to drink lor!



Hahaha.. finally daddy gets a taste of wat it is like to take care of Ace after he had his injection.

“Hiya, why last time you din tell me the paying injection wun have fever? If I had known, I would have rather paid man!” Daddy said.

But I did tell him lor.. and we agreed that letting Ace have fever and detox it out was better because there was less chemicals in his body. He clean forgot about it!

But just as well, good to let daddy know how I feel when I take care of Ace at home ;)

Anyway, I will be even better prepared this time for his 5th month injection. Last one.. woo hoo!

No comments: