Saturday, October 29, 2005

I Can Wear My Wedding Ring AGAIN!

Yeah yeah yeah!

I can wear my wedding ring again!

And that’s cos I have already lost 15kg of my pregnancy weight! :P

I still remember that when I got married, the salesgirl who sold us the ring told hubby that he should come back and buy another one when I got pregnant because

“Your hands will then get fatter because of the pregnancy. A lot of my customers do that one..”

“CHOI! “ I told her. “I will never get fat again ah!”

If you were me, you would feel the same way too.

I grew up plump. But I was never really very unhappy about my weight until I got older and I started to dread every Chinese New Year because I just cannot seem to find nice clothes to fit me!

I got sick of people telling me, “You so pretty, would be better if you lost weight..” I don’t understand it. You mean if I did not lose weight I would not be a nice enough person for people to know???

And as if to prove my point, I continued to ballooned even when I started working..

In 2001 when I was at the lowest point of my life. I lost my job. I lost my first love (he fell in love with someone slimmer than me). I lost my confidence and it was so bad that I started to hate myself when I looked at myself in the mirror.

The more unhappy I was, the more I ate. The more I ate, the fatter I became. At my all time high of 75kg, someone asked if my same aged colleague was my daughter:S

At that point, I met my mentor, Dr George Lim. He taught me many things that really turned my life around. That included losing 15kg in 2 months, how to excel in areas of my work where I am weak in and do even better in those that I am strong in, how to be happy, how to be confident and most importantly, how to find a good husband that I want (my goal was to get married at 27 years old) and live happily ever after! :)

And turning all these around was not an easy process okay!

The brand new me signified a brand new start. I started to be able to fit into S and M sizes. I looked radiant. I felt happy and confident. I found the love of my life. We worked things out and have a very happy marriage.

If you were me, would you ever ever want to go back to 75kg????

But alas, in the final trimester of my pregnancy, I had reached the dreaded 75kg (heng ah.. that includes water and the baby okay!) and my ring was starting to get tight. (but I was still beautiful okie.. after all, I am Most Beautiful Mum-To-Be 2005 mah… hiaks) I decided that I did not want to bring my ring into labour ward and I took it off.

I was ringless for the past few months because after delivery, my fingers were still not slim enough to get it and finally, after losing 15kg, it is starting to FIT!!!!

I now look forward to going back to my svelte 55kg. Move over, Zoe Tay.. and I dun even need EXTRIM.. hahahah ;) Hubby says that if I can reach my goal, I can go for shopping spree to HK again.. yeah!!!!!

PS: If you want to be like me, just email me at angelpeng@richnyang.com.. I will be more than happy to do a free consultation for you and help you in any way I can.

Go back to Ace, Ace, Baby!

Check out Dreams Inc’s blog.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

Linda Diva Lee said...

me me! i'm ur daughter! wah, u still remember, siah?! congrats, i thk u did well n has come a long way. way 2 go!

Monky said...

i wan to be slim slim leh...hehe..
teach me the way to do it....

<*ANGEL*> said...

Linda:YEah yeah.. you are my DAUGHTER.. i so sad tat day.. cannot eat and cannot sleepfor one whole day leh!!!!

Monky: How much you want to slim? ;) How many KG and in how long or how short a time? Wat's ur budget like?

Linda Diva Lee said...

bwahaha, tats y i say ace call me chey chey ma. correct.

Monky said...

angel,
i email u okie??

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel

Wld like to how know, how did u managed to lose 15kg in 2months, can share, as i just given birth to a baby boy 1.5mths ago, and now my bigger problem are my lower boby, which really a very big headaches to me...cos my butt is so huge that i cant even fit, and my tight are even worth..they are measuring at a total of 50" for both....cellutie is going all the way to both calves...can help me to solve...and one more problem...buget tight.....help help..even my daughter also mentioned that my lower is so big...sigh...

Rdgs
Tequila...Mother of two

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hi Tequila,

How is your baby now? ;) Dun worry, you will sure to lose more in time to come...

Pls email me at verityy@yahoo.com. it's easier to talk via email ;)