Saturday, September 10, 2005

What’s Important To You?

Everyone holds different things as being the most important. I learnt this when I attended this course called SCS and my firm belief and understanding in this, I feel, is responsible for the way me and Max maintain our happy marriage.

Just like when it comes to Ace, everyone holds something different as being the most important.

For most of the part, Max is usually most concerned with whether Ace was smiling and whether he was a happy baby. I guess this is why he likes to bath Ace because Ace is most happy during that time.

On my part, I was most concerned about whether he had enough milk and got enough sleep. I spend most of my time feeding him and hoping that he will sleep so that I can get some rest and free time too.

My mum, however, was most concerned about whether he is clean (she changes the diaper once he pees and he pees like 10 000 times a day….) and whether he is feeling hot.

She is perpetually complaining that the clothes I bring along when I bring Ace to her house is not thin enough even when it is the flimsiest piece I can find at home. (I finally found a singlet he can wear and when she put it on for him, he sneezed.. two times within 30 seconds.. hahahaha)

When I stayed overnight at her place about two weeks ago (because Max was sailing), she asked me why didn’t I pull Ace over to my side of the bed when I fed him where there was this bamboo sheet that helped keep the bed cool cos it was so hot.

And yet, few days ago when I stayed overnight again, she asked me why didn’t I move myself over to his side when I fed him because the bamboos were hot.

You just can’t win mothers, can you? ;)

(Anyway, my mum is like that. When you buy her Coffeebean cheesecake, she say not nice... you buy her cartel one..she say why never buy coffeebean... coffeebean is nicer...)

My maternal grandma has strange concerns. She always looks out for things I would never even think of. Eg, she always looks out for whether the anklet that Ace is wearing is too tight. Something I didn’t think about till she mentioned it.

And then she is worried about how Ace, with his flailing arms, is always hitting himself on his tummy. “He does it so hard it makes a ‘thwack thwack thwack’ sound..” she says. Funny… I didn’t notice that he did that until she mentioned it.

All other members of the family, Max’s or mine, seem to share similar concerns about whether Ace was happy and whether he would smile when they carry him. I guess it is because they don’t see him that often.

As for Ace, he only cares about whether he is being fed and whether anyone is willing to talk to him (he’s one talkative baby!).

You see my point?

But I found that most people don’t really know or are aware about what is important in their lives and I guess this is why they are sometimes unhappy and not aware of why. (That is why I spend alot of time being agony aunty to my friends.. hiaks)

So do you know what is important to you in your life? If someone had different priorities in life, do you know how to communicate with them or live with them?:) Alot of my friends contemplate whether to have a lifve together and whether to break up because they do not understand this...

Well, you can learn how to.. just attend SCS like me lah :) Hahhaaha..

PS: On a more serious note, if you really wanted to learn how to do tat at SCS, email me at angelpeng@richnyang.com :)

1 comment:

<*ANGEL*> said...

It's just a course that lets you dance and be happy ( i know you will like this part.. haha) .. PLUS learn things like:
- how to communicate better
- how to find meaning in life and
- how to achieve your dream