Saturday, September 17, 2005

Hong Kong Trip Day 2

Sat morning, as according to our plan, we woke up bright and early to make our way towards Shenzhen for more food and more shopping!

We took MTR to Kowloon and then we changed to a train. The train was already fairly crowded though it was 9am in the morning. On the train, there were all sorts of people.. Hongkies who were going to Shenzhen for outings, people who were there for biz.. Chinese who were returning to China...

I was told this place is dangerous and Max said that I should raise my situational awareness. However, I felt that the place is not as tensed as Geneva where you can really smell the tension. Shenzhen, however, is very fast paced.. a lot faster than even Singapore!

We reached Luo Hu City.. the biggest shopping area and most crowded one in Shenzhen and we went to have this nice pancake. After which we kept walking round and round the building.

I was starting to feel tired and grouchy. I came to Shenzhen with only one goal in mind.. to buy more LV stuff.. and then because the man that Max knew was not around, we walked round and round.

Max wanted me to do pedicure and manicure but because I was not wearing the right shoes and because I think is a waste of money, I didn’t want to and he was angry tat I everything also dun buy, everything also dun want.. hahaha.. got pple like tat..unhappy when his wife dun want to spend money???

Because I always get grouchy when we walk around aimlessly, Max decided to bring me somewhere else.. 华强北!

That place is a shopping paradise!

We first went to Children’s World where there were so many children stuff. There, we bought our two proudest purchases- Tigger and Pooh ORANGE (Max’s fav colour) jacket and little bear romper for Ace! :)

Then we went to women’s world and boy, I think my sisters will all love to shop here.

At the basement level, it is all the clips and accessories. Too bad I am not an accessories person. And then they have children’s clothes, aunty clothes, suits and many many more!!! If I weren’t fat, I think I can spend one whole day in this mall also not enough! Next time must save $ n come.. come n no $ to spend also tak shiok…

Then we got hungry and then the challenge came. I was hungry and tired from all the walking and there didn’t seem to be much food around. Worst, there didn’t see to be much vegetarian food around. All we could find were the fast food Chinese restaurants. They were really like Mac Donalds, only that they sold Chinese food.

Finally, Max found this place tat sold noodles and rice. We ordered 桶饭 without meat and it turned out to be quite tasty!:) We then contemplated bringing the idea of economical rice to China because people here only eat rice plus one single side dish… hhehehe

After that, Max decided to bring me to this club he went before for massage. Alas, he couldn’t remember the name of it. Luckily our cab passed by it and so we alighted halfway. It is called CARNIVAL CLUB.

嘉年华会 is a beautiful and big place! They have a few storeys dedicated to diff things like massage, bathing and sauna + jacuzzi, leg massage, pedicur n manicure, hair cut.. etc.

It is also very high tech cos the lockers they give you operate by an electronic key they give you.

Once you step into the changing room, someone comes up to you, helps you put your things into the locker and gives you a bath towel and show you to your way to the bathroom where you can find very nice shower facilities and quite good skin and hair products (unlike those offered in SG and hotels that will spoil ur hair). You name it, they have it.. conditioner, face wash, shampoo, bath foam, styling lotion, gel, toner.. etc etc..

I pumped milk, took a bath and went to the second storey where max was waiting for me.

There you have rows of sofas where you lie down and each had a flat screen attached to it. You can watch any channel you like and the sound comes out from the sofa you are lying on. They even have a channel dedicate to slimming products! You can choose to lounge, sleep, have a drink, enjoy feet massage there…

After lazing around for a while. We decided to go for our massage. It was quite good but initially it was very painful. It was quite hilarious though cos later we started talking to the masseur and found out that the reason why she was very quiet initially was because she saw max’s botak head and tot that he was a gangster!

After the good rest, I pumped out more milk and we decided to go for dinner. When the bill came, it was only $70+ for the two of us! Cos it was raining and diff to get a cab, they even used the company van to send us to our next venue!

Deng Pin, our next stop, was a pretty nice vegetarian restaurant. As it was near mid autumn, they hung a lot of riddles for people to guess. If you got it right, you got a free gift. I decided to concentrate on eating since I so not so smart and the sushi roll was dam nice!

After filling our stomachs, we took a cab back to luo hu and we spent the next hour and the half looking at LV n Gucci stuff. The resulting purchase? 2 LV sling bag, 1 LV wallet, one LV namecard holder, one mont blanc belt… All for less than S$150!

We then took the train back to Mongkok and maybe it is cause Max looks like a gangster, he got stuck at the customs longer than I did. Well, actually it is cos the customs had problem finding his name cos our Singaporean passports showed both our dialect and hanyu pinyin names. Haha ;)

We took a leisurely walk back to hotel and bought some snacks and drinks on our way back.. we then showered, tried to give Ace a baby sister/brother and went to bed ;)

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

haha...then u can proudly say: my first child made in switzerland... my 2nd child made in HK... :p

Clatzz said...

my colleague tell me the ah bengs at my yard there all botak one...

<*ANGEL*> said...

yayaya.. but someone else say he loook like monk though...