Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Did My Milk Go Bad?

I always breastfeed baby Ace whenever possible. I do it exclusively whenever possible. (Isomil very expensive leh.. if not how to make one can last 2 months??:P)

Recently though, it seems that my breast milk did not go down well with him. Firstly, Ace has been farting alot. He has also been shitting alot (3-4 times a day and the shit is watery most of the time) and in addition, he has gotten slightly grumpy.

He might be happily sleeping and suddenly, he would cry out loud.

Since he can't communicate what is wrong with him, I could only venture a guess. Based on the limited knowledge I have about babies, I came to a conclusion that he is suffering from diarroahe.

Alas, how is that possible!? Did my milk turn bad while waiting for its release???

Thankfully, I could seek advice from the experienced Jez Mama. She said that Ace is probably just growing teeth.

Phew...

He has been showing all the signs.. i just never thought it possible since babies are only suppose to start teething from 4 months onwards. Ace is barely 3 months! But matter of fact is, he has:

- white little buds showing on his lower gum

- been eating his hands and sucking them (mum says his gums are itchy from growing teeth. we had to put his hands into the elastic of his pants as shown in picture to stop him.. hehehe...)

- been biting hard at my nipple just before releasing it (again, leveraging on my nipples to sooth his gums.. sigh..)

- shitting alot and the shit is watery with lots of little bits and pieces (hua hua)

- been grumpy. He would wake suddenly and purse his lips into an M shape and suddenly cry as if I bullied him.

Anyway, I just hope that he won't bite my nipples during feeding when his teeth do come out. OUCH!

1 comment:

<*ANGEL*> said...

No hor.. is my grandma.. he keep eating his hands.. so they put his hands in his pants..but he dunno how to take out.. tat is why like tat lor ;)