Tuesday, September 27, 2005

After The 3 Mth Jab

Ace just had his 3 month jab.

I was told that some children will have fever when they get the jab.

Ace was really a very couragous baby. When the nurse administered the jab to him, he only cried for 2 seconds. And that was it. End of story.

I guess it helped that I already told him early in the morning that we would be going for his injection today. I told him that the injection might be a little stingy and that he is a brave baby and it is nothing to him.

So Ace took it like a man.

Alas, I think he doesn't feel very well after the injection. Right after, he started to sleep and sleep and sleep... in between intervals, he will wake up and cry. Even when i carried him, he cried for a short while. He usually cries when I don't carry him.

While he is sleeping or half asleep, he would also make lots of noises. That kind that those people make when they are in pain or uncomfortable. It's similar to the kind of noise that those cancer patient makes when they are in pain and morphine is not enough for them.

My friend who recovered from brain cancer (ask me how at angelpeng@richnyang.com) told me that they cannot help but make those noises. "It is a natural sound lor. I really cannot control cos I felt so painful and uncomfortable.." he told me. I feel a stab of pain for my baby...

The poor baby can't express himself and so he keeps making strange noises. And then he also has those noise that sound as if he is trying to 'kek sai'.

In the evening, we brought him out for dinner and he slept throughout. When we came home and I put him on his favourite blue bouncer, he woke up and refused to sleep.

Since he was not crying, I did not do anything and watched to see what he would do. He just stared into space with his M shaped mouth look. Nothing you said or did could make him smile. He doesn't even care if peopel talk to him (his favourite hobby is to talk to people!) and he just continued the m shape mouth look...

After doing that for 30 min, he got tired enough to start groaning and whining himself to sleep...

But luckily, so far no fever yet. I hope he will sleep through tomorrow and be the healthy happy Ace he is soon.

But alas when Ace woke me at 6.30am this morning, he was slightly feverish and then he started suckling on my breast and refused to stop... all the way till 10.30am.. whenever i took out the breast, he would cry...

Today, bathing was a nightmare.. he usually enjoys bathing.. but today.. it was a struggle... Ace cried and cried once he touched the water and would only quieten down when I dressed him and carrried him while I walked around the house..

After that, he just refused to sleep and would make little whiny noises.

And then just at this point, Jez mama who had telepathy with me smsed me! It was a message from Tashi and Oracle (her daughters) to Ace. They asked Ace to jia you and told him that since he is such a healthy baby, this is but chicken feet for him.

Strangely, after I read the sms to him, he smiled ;)

Then I tried to force feed him water (mummy havent even got time to brush teeth, much less eat breakfast.. so where got milk??). I fed him Kinertec water to help his tummy detox. And how did I force feed him? While he cries, i just squeeze the nipple of the milk bottle and squirt water into his mouth.

Heng i make him drink kinertec water. Just a mere 5 minutes later, he POOPED. And his shit looks very strange... unlike the usual ones he has.. it is very watery.. and there are alot of black black stuff.. dunno wat is that.. eeee..

But if he is detoxing, I am sure he felt better after it come out.

Mummy and Daddy came and Ace start his grumpy noises again. I called Aunty Jenny up and asked her wat to do. She said to feed him the fever medication. But I don't want to feed him too much medication.. so i used the method she taught me.. crushed some VP, put into spooon, add water and force feed him..

He cried.. but not that loudly lah.. and then i give him breast milk to reward him.

So finally he happy and kum wan to sleep.

But after a short while, he wake up and cry and whine again.. My sister had a stroke of genius and asked me to play him the music from the elephant toy. He finally SMILED! I quickly played the MOzart CD that Belinda burnt for me!

Peace at last! WHen i tried to take picture of him, he even smiled! Mozart is my NEW IDOL!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?

4 comments:

Clatzz said...

poor baby look so moody...

Anonymous said...

ace cld b sufferg fr body ache besides e fever... didn't ur paediatrician give liquid paracetamol? mine told me to feed lynus 3x @ 6hrs intervals after injection to prevent. alas, nothing happened... soomay

<*ANGEL*> said...

no leh, i went to polyclinic.. they gave me PANADOL FOR CHILDREN and it is SOLID one lor.. sigh...

I dunno abt body ache but he sure was grumpy last nite..

Anonymous said...

ok, cos my doc said aches & fever wil happen. hope ace is better...