Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Whose ‘ZHONG’ is GOOD?

Did you know that after 9 months of attention when you get pregnant, once you give birth, the spotlight will immediately go to your son or daughter?

That happens with my in laws, who are always intrigued with all sorts of new things. (My father-in-law loves to change doctors for his same aliment of hand ache. As long as is new, he will try.)

When my hubby brought me home, I was the 'new toy' and hubby was ‘left on the cold shelf’ so to speak. When we got married and I got pregnant, i was a 'treasured toy'.

And when Ace was born? Hahaha.. both me and hubby are then relegated as ‘old toys’ and ignored when we go over for supper every Monday night. (My husband laments that he has less and less say/position in the Chua Family.)

Usually, they will coo over the baby and me and hubby seem to have on some invisible shield. (Which is a welcomed break for us to just chill out and not bother about the baby.) Sometimes though, they suddenly realize that we exist and start talking to us again:)

“Heng (luckily) we are still useful and got value..” my hubby commented. He is referring to the fact that my father-in-law longs for a grand daughter and the fact that we are planning for a next kid…

Despite my father in law saying that we are not supposed to praise Ace (old wives’ tales lah… Dun ask me why, I also dunno the rationale…), he himself is so impressed with his grandson he simply cannot stop praising him! But I see it as more like praising himself… haha..

Ace is so handsome.. look like Daddy.. ah gong 'zhong' (seed) is good

Ace is not afraid of strangers.. like Ah Gong.. our family 'zhong' is good

Ace is a good boy.. daddy and uncle also very guai when young, ah gong 'zhong' is good..

You get the idea…

First time I heard it, I was a little peeved..

Harlow, takes 2 hands 2 clap leh… you mean mummy carry him 4 nine months, bear pain of delivery n take care of him 24/7 n my Peng Family zhong no contribution?

My parents are the one who makes me lunch everyday, (I appreciate my parents much more now actually) fixes my pipe when it is spoilt and takes care of my son for me so that I got time to eat lunch... and my PENG FAMILY ZHONG NO GOOD?

FYI, a baby is born when the SPERM meets the EGG.. your zhong dam bloody good, no egg, you try give birth to a baby and let me see?!

Then after awhile, I think it is just grandpa’s pride.. so there is no need to get upset…:)

My husband says, “Is like that one lah, your family would say your zhong is good ma..”
Sorry hor, my parents are more objective. Ace is cute.. full stop.. end of story.:)

I guess diff grandparents show their love in diff ways. My in law was shocked that my dad and mum don’t kiss Ace like his family does.

“Hiyo, they are so strange, they dunno how to appreciate babies?” *embarrased look.. oops, I shouldnt comment on my in laws in front of their daughter* (he realised his shoot off too late..)

I tell him they are more shy and conservative cos I dun want to upset him.

What I don’t tell him is that they spend hours talking to him in baby language, sing songs, cuddle him and Ace seems to enjoy THAT a lot more. *wink*

2 comments:

Clatzz said...

wahahaha... i cant stop luffing leh...

im still trying to stiffle my laughter... muahahahaha...

i think i better dun comment anymore... :p *wink*

<*ANGEL*> said...

you luffing about WAT????