Sunday, August 07, 2005

Can 1.5 month babies smile and talk?

How can people complain that their babies don’t smile?

My confinement nanny says she every seen a baby who never smiled the whole month she was there. She has 13 years of experience and has seen near to 100 babies …

Then today, I read tat there are people whose babies dun smile for 3 months. Apparently, according to experts, your baby will not be able to smile until he is 6 weeks old.

Please hor, Ace was already smiling on day number two tat he was born hor!

I thus find it really hard to believe that babies like the above mentioned exist.

I dunno if Ace is different because I have been telling him that he is a happy baby since I found out I was pregnant.. I would like to think I made the difference. He is always very happy when he is sleeping and having a nice dream or when he is full..

He was especially happy and specially woke up to smile when we saw my husband’s colleague by the beach with his very sweet looking 1.5 year old daughter. Phew, I think I can be sure my son will not turn out to be GAY :)

I think I heard my baby call me Mama just now. I wonder if when babies made noises, are they just making noise or are they talking in their own language? Do all babies share the same language?

With yesterday’s experiment held using Zhenyuan’s camera, I have verified that babies are like dolphins, they communicate using their own language.
My fren, zhenyuan was trying to video Ace and then when she played back the clip of him gurgling to himself. He actually heard and replied to himself and made the exact same sound! Hahahah.. it was hilarious I tell you!

No comments: