Saturday, August 27, 2005

Business Class Travel For Ace

We finally got round to buying Ace’s car seat the other day. After I complained to hubby for the Nth time that Ace is getting heavier and that my arms need rest while travelling in the car, we finally got around to buying it.

Talk about travelling in style.. You wouldn’t think there would be so many different types of car seats available!

There were those for newborns that look like a basket. And then there are those for children 4 months and above that looks more like a 'seat'.

I bet you didn’t know or didn’t think that the car seats have different quality/category that are very much like the kind of different seats you get on a plane.

I am NOT kidding! I was so so so amazed when I saw the different classes of 'seats' available.



In the lowest and cheapest range, we have the economy class. It is simple but already not cheap. When we went by the other day, there was a sale going on but the unit was still priced at a hefty $245.

(Remind me to get into the children's toys/accesories business ok? What were they thinking! $200+ for an EXTRA CHAIR in your CAR???)

And then, for better comfort (this includes additional pillows and support and the use of better and softer material for the cover), we have the business class. Amazingly, even the fabric feels like that of a business class seat! To enjoy all these specials, that would mean about another $100 more.

If you are looking to splurge, however, go for the first class seat!

Be prepared though, to part with $400+ and recieve unnecessary accesories like the messy mat (to prevent the child’s shoes from dirtying your car. But darling, my car seat is made of black leather) and sunshade that keeps the sun away (harlow, I dun own a convertible!).

In the end, we chose the ‘business class’ seat because Daddy wants Ace to have more comfort when traveling. After all, Daddy (not me.. I plan for 2 only.. hahahaa) has plans for 3 kids and finds it worthwhile to invest in something better.

Yet, the car seat hasn’t been used much since we bought it almost a week ago. My arm hasn't been rested much since.

Everytime we travel around, Ace will be hungry and asks to be fed. Thus, he always ends up in Angel Mummy's Arms. Sigh...

With Ace getting heavier by the day, I am really looking forward to the day where we can ‘recoup the investment’ and Ace will start preferring Safe n Sound to Angel’s Arms while traveling in the car.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?

No comments: