Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ace’s Favourite Things

Mummy sings:
Raindrops on roses
and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles
and warm wollen mittens
Brown paper packages
Tied up with strings

These are a few of my favourite things….

Ace sings
(to music of My Favourite Things from The Sound of Music):
Feeding on mum’s breast
and suckle the whole day
Sleeping in my bed

or mummy’s bed whole day
Bathing myself
andpooping big time too
These are a few of my favourite things!

Well, all babies love to EAT AND SLEEP so I shall not go into details about that.

But man, my baby loves to BATH! :)



Everyday, when he wakes up, he will ask to be fed. Once he is fed, he will play with himself while lazy mummy lies in bed somemore… (What a thoughtful baby!)

Once mummy wakes up though, he will make noise about wanting to bath and eat. He will not stop until I put him on the rubber mat because that means I am going to prepare his bathing water.

During bath time, his favourite time is when I ‘brush his teeth’ for him. He never fails to break out into a smile when that happens.

After that, I will clean his face and his body and wash his hair. When he thinks he has enough of bathing, he will start to whimper a little.

That is my signal to drip dry him a little and wrap him in a towel and bring him to the rubber mat to dress him.

This is also probably my favourite time of the day too because this is when I will be rewarded with all his delighted goos and gahs while I massage and dress him.

I guess as a parent, you get a sense of satisfaction that you are doing something right to make your son happy. But I suspect his happiness also lies in the fact that he knows that after bath time comes feeding time. Hahaha…

Then we come to his next favourite thing… POOPing.

Do you smile after you poop?


My son does.

I read somewhere that some babies look as if they are drunk after they finish drinking their milk. The experts says that it is their feeling to satisfaction that causes them to have that expression.

My Ace does that sometimes when he finishes drinking his milk. But he does it almost ALL THE TIME right after he poops!

Maybe my sense of satisfaction when he poops is translated to him so he always has this very “shiok” look after he poops and then he will start to smile away as if he is secretly pleased with himself about passing out so much rubbish from his body.

Anyway, I have a little worry now. It seems as if ‘being carried’ is slowly but surely climbing upwards in the list of his favourites and will soon be listed. If that happens, I won’t be able to do housework or blog in peace!

I can only keep my fingers crossed…

4 comments:

Clatzz said...

u better start training ur arms muscle now. hahaha.

<*ANGEL*> said...

clari: already trained lor.. i think is wai gong n wai po n lao ma they all always carry him..:P

power: my fren also say govt should pay me cos i make motherhood sound so fun they want to give birth themselves:)

Clatzz said...

ya. and wai gong wai po they all always say dun carry him so much wait nxt time he always want to be carried.

but they themselves keep carrying him.

<*ANGEL*> said...

hiya, first grandchild is like tat one lah.. wat do you expect?:P