Sunday, July 24, 2005

Thanks For Donating To The Ace Education and Diaper Fund

I just found out that it is far more profitable to give birth than to hold a wedding!

Yeap, today is the BIG DAY of my month old baby Ace. We had two baby shower sessions: One in the afternoon for my friends and family, another one at night for the relatives on my husband’s side.

Guest list came to about 100 pax. I think only 80% turned up.

After a generous discount from Victor, the owner of our favorite stall I Circuit Road. [www.sbestfood.com/miaoshung.htm], the total cost of holding the two parties came to $700.

And the total number of ANG POWS we received?

$1600!!!

That is excluding:
q $190 worth of vouchers
q Countless boxes of new clothes enough to last him for the next 2 years
q Two play gyms
q A few new toys
q 3 gold pendants
q 1 gold anklet
q 1 musical mobile
q 1 Lucky Baby Stroller
q 1 box of bird nest (for ME)
q 3 Milk bottles
q N number of containers
q 1 food maker
q 1 6-stage feeding bottle

I invited 400 pax to my wedding and had to pay an extra $3500 after deducting ang pows! Isn’t it more profitable to give birth? Hahaha.. ;)

Of course, it could be because of the fact that during my wedding, my in laws invited like so many people that even the aunty from the electrical store downstairs was invited!

I wouldn’t be surprised if the many $20 red packets (Yes, my dear, in this day and age, people still gar gar give $20 for a wedding dinner in Rasa Sentosa) we found came from the strangers we do not really know well.

But all the goodies come at a price ok! You have to answer very TRYING questions like, “DO YOU KNOW HOW TO BATH YOUR SON ALREADY?” The only consolation is that whether the answer is yes or no, we still got to keep the ‘prizes’. :)

(PS: By the way, the answer is YES and NO. I have already watched and filmed how my confinement nanny baths my son. Did my homework but haven’t had a chance to PRATICAL yet:P I shall leave that for when Aunty goes back to Malaysia.)

In case you think I am being mercenary here, let me just assure you that I truly appreciate all the well wishes from our close friends and relatives. I would like to think that this is because they are truly generous people who truly care about my family ;)

Thanks guys! You are the greatest! You have no idea how handy this extra cash will come ;)

Thanks for donating to the Ace Education and Diaper Fund! ;)

Thanks for the many thoughtful gifts! We absolutely love them!

No comments: