Friday, July 22, 2005

Living in NOsTalGiA..

Boy, am i OLD already... have been living in nostalgia for the past few days...

Was emailing a friend i knew from many moons ago and trying to get him to recall how i looked like.. I found this website tat had my photo by-line in it (www2.mediacorp.com.sg/entertainment/feature/2001012900.htm) and it brought back many memories and the joy of writing wat i felt, saying wat i want and having people to react to it..

Yeap, i was a Mediacorp writer for its website.. did write ups for its entertainment portal... I enjoyed my job tremendously...

well, at least for a while.. who wouldnt? It's a fabulous job where you get to rub shoulders with stars, have tea, watch movies for free, listen to CDs for free and get time off to shop during off peak hours in the weekdays.. all in the name of WORK! :)

But after 2 years of writing about frivolous stuff like why so and so is dating so and so, i got bored.

One day, during Zoe's press conference where she announced her marriage, a SENIOR reporter (who is like in her forties) asked Zoe, "Huiyu, finally married huh?"

It suddenly dawned onto me that I DO NOT want to end up doing the "Huiyu, how are your kids.." thing when I am 30!!! So I quit...

If I didn't, I might be sharing mummy tips and secrets with her now though... hiaks:)

Well, it has really been many years since i wrote down my thoughts systematically.. used to do this when I was in UNI.. and I would send them out as EMAILS to my friends to keep them updated about wat was happening in my life..

Later, when i got attached.. on and off my many INTERNET ROMANCES (I am married now though...), I would write long emails about my day and send them to my then ex boyfriends... hahaha.. I did that whether or not the relationship was a long distance one.. and even if i met them every single day...

And then... i changed careers, got married and stopped writing.. Maybe cos I barely had time... ok, tat was a lousy excuse... maybe in my pursuit of a different n better life, i started to feel that the need to express my thoughts n feelings were far less important than putting them into action and getting what i wanted... a valuable lesson i learnt over the years...

Well, i just gave birth a month ago n had lots of free time at home.. ever the net freak, i started xploring other's blogs and whimsically decided to start mine.. and here i am.. :)

My boy is turning a month old tomorrow and the confinement nanny is going home soon.. i hope i still have time to continue with it...

As it is, i am typing with my right hand while my left is holding on to my baby as he sucks merrily on my right breast with his eyes closed...

i better finish up cos once i change sides, would be tough to do the same with my left hand...

My baby is done.. and so am I.

Wat perfect timing!?:P

No comments: